10 benefits of eating roasted gram
Read This Also : wellhealthorganic.com:10-benefits-of-eating-roasted-gram
Roasted gram, also known as chana or Bengal gram, is a popular snack in many parts of the world, especially in India. It is made by roasting whole Bengal gram or chana dal, which is a type of lentil. Roasted gram is a low-fat and high-protein snack that is loaded with many health benefits. In this article, we will discuss 10 benefits of eating roasted gram.
Read This Also : wellhealthorganic.com:ayurveda-dinner
- High protein: Roasted gram is a rich source of protein, which is essential for the growth and repair of the body tissues. It contains about 17 grams of protein per 100 grams, making it an ideal snack for vegetarians and vegans.
- Low fat: Roasted gram is a low-fat snack as it is roasted and not fried. It contains only about 6 grams of fat per 100 grams, which makes it a healthier alternative to other fried snacks like chips and namkeens.
- High fiber: Roasted gram is rich in dietary fiber, which helps to improve digestion and prevents constipation. It also helps to regulate blood sugar levels and reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Low glycemic index: Roasted gram has a low glycemic index, which means it does not cause a sudden spike in blood sugar levels. This makes it an ideal snack for people with diabetes or those trying to lose weight.
- Rich in minerals: Roasted gram is rich in minerals like iron, magnesium, and phosphorus, which are essential for the functioning of the body. Iron is important for the production of red blood cells, while magnesium and phosphorus are essential for bone health.
- Low calorie: Roasted gram is a low-calorie snack as it contains only about 350 calories per 100 grams. This makes it an ideal snack for weight loss or for those trying to maintain a healthy weight.
- Source of antioxidants: Roasted gram contains antioxidants like flavonoids and polyphenols, which help to protect the body from free radical damage. Free radicals are unstable molecules that can damage cells and cause chronic diseases like cancer.
- Boosts energy: Roasted gram is a good source of carbohydrates, which provide energy to the body. It is also rich in vitamins like vitamin B6, which helps to convert food into energy.
- Regulates blood pressure: Roasted gram contains potassium, which helps to regulate blood pressure and reduces the risk of heart disease. It also contains low sodium, which is important for maintaining healthy blood pressure levels.
- Improves brain function: Roasted gram is rich in choline, which is essential for brain function and development. It also contains vitamin B6 and folate, which help to improve memory and concentration.
Read This Also : wellhealthorganic.com:health-benefits-of-lemon-oil
In conclusion, roasted gram is a nutritious and healthy snack that is packed with many health benefits. It is a good source of protein, fiber, minerals, and vitamins, and is low in fat and calories. It is an ideal snack for weight loss, diabetes, and heart health. However, it should be consumed in moderation as excess intake may lead to bloating or gas due to its high fiber content.
Read This Also : wellhealthorganic.com/health-benefits-of-turmeric-tea